10 Most Powerful Inspirational speeches from popular movies That Will Inspire You

Image from 'Logan'

A movie is not only a series of shots with interesting stories, but it is also a 'mirror' that reflects our society and its fundamental problems, the most pressing issues of today, reflected in films. 



Movies have the power to impact our lives in so many different ways. Learning from them can influence and motivate us towards our goals, show us what the world is like outside of our own experience, and teach us valuable lessons about life.



A movie speech/quotes is a powerful and effective tool for inspiring people and expressing ideas. You can feel as if you're right there with the character, sharing their passion and feeling what they're feeling.



There are already many inspiring quotes on this site from popular movies.  And today you are going to read some of the greatest speeches from some of the greatest movies of all time. These speeches will really spark your imagination and motivate you to take action. 



These top 10 inspiring movie speeches will inspire you to do great things in life, even if it is as simple as not giving up when things are tough. These 10 memorable movie dialogues will spark your imagination and motivate you to take action. And will help you to re-evaluate your priorities in life and learn more about the human mind. Enjoy reading!



1. Logan -- Laura



Laura: A man has to be what he is, Joey. You can't break the mould. There's no living with a killing. There's no going back. Right or wrong, it's a brand. A brand that sticks. Now run on home to your mother, and tell her everything's alright. There's no more guns in the valley…





2. The Shawshank Redemption -- Red



Parole Hearing Man: Ellis Boyd Redding, your file says you've served forty years of a life sentence. You feel  you've been rehabilitated? 



Red: Rehabilitated. Let's see now. You know, come to think of it, I have no idea what that means. 



Parole Hearing Man: Well, it means you're ready to rejoin society as a…



Red: I know what you think it means. To me, I think it's a made-up word, a politician's word. A word so young fellas like you can wear a suit and tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did? 



Parole Hearing Man: Well...are you? 



Red: Not a day goes by I don't feel regret, and not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on myself the way I was … stupid kid who did that terrible crime … wish I could talk sense to him. Tell him how things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone, this old man is all that's left, and I have to live with that. Rehabilitated? That's a bullsh** word, so you just go on ahead and stamp that form there, sonny, and stop wasting my damn time. Truth is, I don't give a sh**.





3. Titanic -- Jack Dawson 



Ruth Dewitt Bukater: Where exactly do you live, Mr. Dawson?



Jack: Well, right now, my address is the RMS Titanic. After that, I'm on God's good humor. And how is that you have means to travel? I work my way from place to place. You know, tramp steamers and such. I won my ticket on Titanic here at a lucky hand at poker. A very lucky hand. All life is a game of luck.



Ruth Dewitt Bukater: And you find that sort of rootless existence appealing to you.



Jack: Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.





jack dawson make it count speech at dinner

4. Revolutionary Road -- April Wheeler



April Wheeler: You don't want to go do you? 



Frank Wheeler: Come on, April. Of course, I do. 



April Wheeler: No, you don't. Because you've never tried at anything. And if you don't try anything you can't fail. 



Frank Wheeler: What the hell do you mean I don't try. I support you, don't I? I pay for this house. I work 10 hours a day at a job I can’t stand. 



April Wheeler: You don't have to. 



Frank Wheeler: Bullsh**! Look, I'm not happy about it. But I have the backbone not to run away from my responsibilities. 



April Wheeler: It takes backbone to lead the life you want, Frank.



Also Read: Top 15 Quotes From The Shawshank Redemption



5. The Dark Knight -- Gordon



James(Son of Gordon): Why's he running, Dad?



Commissioner Gordon: Because we have to chase him…



James: He didn't do anything wrong! … Why, dad? Why?



Commissioner Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll hunt him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.



6. The Imitation Game - Joan Clarke



Alan Turing: You got what you wanted, didn't you? Work. A husband. A normal life.



Joan Clarke: But no one normal could have done this. This morning I took a train through a city that would not exist if it wasn't for you. I bought a ticket from a man who would likely be dead if it wasn't for you. I read up on my work, a whole field of scientific inquiry that only exists because of you. If you wish you could have been 'normal', I can promise you, I do not. The world is an infinitely better place precisely because you weren't.



Alan Turing: Is that what you think?



Joan Clarke: I think that sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.



7. The Pursuit of Happyness -- Chris Gardner



Chris Gardner: Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something. Not even me. 



Chris Gardner: All right? 



Christopher: All right. 



Chris Gardner: You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.





8. At Eternity's Gate -- Vincent van Gogh



Priest: So, you believe that God gave you this gift because he wants to keep you in misery? 



Vincent van Gogh: Huh. I never thought about it that way. 



Priest: And which way do you think? 



Vincent van Gogh: Sometimes I think... 



Priest: Yes? 



Vincent van Gogh: Well, maybe, maybe.. 



Priest: Go on. 



Vincent van Gogh: Maybe, he chose the wrong time. 



Priest: What do you mean the wrong time? 



Vincent van Gogh: Maybe God made me a painter for people who aren't born yet. 



Priest: Possibly. 



9. The Great Dictator -- Adenoid Hynkel



Adenoid Hynkel (Charlie Chaplin): I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone … if possible … Jew, Gentile … black man … white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness … not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.



Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost…



The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men … cries out for universal brotherhood … for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world … millions of despairing men, women, and little children … victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.



To those who can hear me, I say, do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed … the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish…





Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives … tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men … machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don't hate! Only the unloved hate … the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!



In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: "the Kingdom of God is within man" … not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.



Then … in the name of democracy … Let us use that power … Let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work … that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!



Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! In the name of democracy, let us all unite!



10. Any Given Sunday -- Tony D'Amato



Tony D'Amato: I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today.



Either, we heal as a team, or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Till we're finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light.



We can climb outta hell… one inch at a time.





Now I can't do it for you, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean …  I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.



You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's… that's… that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football.



Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second.



On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that’s gonna make the f***ing difference between winning and losing, between living and dying!



I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch … Because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. 



Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it you're gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that’s all it is.



Now, what are you gonna do?



tony d'amato any given sunday speech



Conclusion: 



When you need inspiration, there is no shortage of movie speeches that will get you motivated to keep fighting the good fight. The movies listed above are just a few of the most powerful movie speeches.


 

Let us know some of your favorite powerful movie speeches that inspired you, in the comment section! And thank you for reading this post!



 DON'T MISS!  25 Hugh Jackman Quotes That Will Inspire You